Ever since United Concordia was awarded our military's dental insurance contract over from Metlife on 5/1/2017 every single SRP claim and Preauthorization we've sent them has been denied leaving our service men and women's families fully exposed to the dangers of gum disease. United Concordia routinely denies necessary clinical xrays and now I just had a rep who is probably fed up with United Concordia admit to me that claims are not being paid so United Concordia can keep the money in the bank!

Just today, yet another claim was denied. This time for a crown that was needed after a root canal procedure. They sited that they want an xray showing the completion of the root canal and full apices of the tooth when I already provided this twice. Months later both reps admitted to me they have everything they need but that I have no recourse because they are not in the claims department and the claims department can only be emailed by them.

Of course they emailed the claims department the image again and the people in claims are still refusing to pay the claim. Their reason for denial? They want an xray showing the root canal was completed and full apices of the tooth!!! Okay, let me send it in a third time...

This is clearly a loop and they don't want to pay the claim. What they want us to do is bill our patients who work their tails off serving our country, many putting their lives on the line on a daily basis and on a limited income but it's not going to happen. I'm not going to bill them, even though it's really hurting us I won't do it.

All those responsible at united concordia can take what they're doing to the grave. Good job guys, life well spent.

Review about: United Concordia Dental Medical Claim.

Comments

Really you are with Concordia? Why dont you get my claim paid to , like you really care after going around in circles for a year over a claim...

You dont want to help anyone... hows the Prognosis....lol

Hi. I am with United Concordia and am sorry to hear about your frustrations.

We certainly want to ensure your claims are approved and paid in a timely manner.

Please contact us at your convenience so we can assist you with this issue. You can give us a call at 1-844-653-4061 or complete the online contact form: https://www.uccitdp.com/dtwdws/member/contact-us.xhtml

Thank you.