United Concordia Dental - Used to be good, today is terrible. No crown coverage.

36 of 58 United Concordia Dental reviews

I was just denied crowns for 2 teeth that the tops are decayed away.Very little left.One has a crack.

My dentist had used solid metal crowns years ago for a couple other teeth, and that was covered then. But now they say unless the tooth CANNOT be restored by amalgam or composite filling no crown is allowed. Code Q5014. My dentist said this filling will not hold as it is too extensive and deep.

Temporary at best. It will fall out and there is no strength there at all. I can not believe that they denied this. Then I found this website and see I am not alone.

My employer is self insured and I wonder if this company was chosen because they fight you on paying everything of any significant value. Terrible what you have become today United Concordia. Shame on you for your dishonest practices. You have now fallen into the list of companies who take your money, increase premiums, and in return give you nothing.

Beware of this company.They used to be honest, but not today.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • How they acted years past
  • What I disliked
    • New rules
    • Denied legitimate claims
    • Dental advisors opinions
    • Customer indifference

Reason of review:
Do not want to cover a valid claim
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
United Concordia Dental Claim
Review category
Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
review #688855 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with United Concordia Dental? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
36 of 58 United Concordia Dental reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.